Nov 18
Why hello there! SO as Nina pointed out today while I was eating dinner, I only have 25 days left here!! It was really sad! She was like, so do you want to go home? You only have 25 days left! And I was like NO!! And she got all happy and was like it's terrible you have such short time left! And she gave me a hug and kept saying so terrible, such short time. Then I asked her if she knew what student she will have next semester and she said not until January, and that if I want I can come back. It was so cute. I'm going to miss her a lot. But it was just a weird moment in general. My life here seems so fake! But I mean, I feel like I am completely happy and never once felt like it was strange that I was in a different country where I could barely communicate, living with a grandma that makes me food and is someone I don't even really know, yet cares about me so much. And just the fact that I have a completely new group of friends here that I never would have met/ even if I did may not have been friends with under different circumstances.
It's just so weird to me; it feels like being on one of the those Real World shows where they just throw a bunch of people together and they are forced to become friends. And it's so funny too because we all know the same people (well I mean plus the random people we have met) but we all have the exact same contacts. It's like ok, instant brand new life with a instant brand new group of friends. But it's so strange how you can become such good friends with people under any circumstances; I know for sure at least some of these people I will definitely see again. And we all went through such an intense experience together that many people will never have the chance to have. It's not just that we all have a random love of Russian in common, but also the experience of coming to Russia and trying to get around and adapt. But it feels just like a fake little part of my life, or a vacation from my life that I don't want to end yet. Don't get me wrong though; being here is not just an easy vacation, especially with class that I feel like I can't just slack off and not do hw with ;p. It's just that almost every day is some kind of crazy adventure, and even things that are normally simple such as asking for help in a store or trying to find somewhere is so much more challenging yet fulfilling when you successfully get your point across. It's fun to watch any tv show, or to read any advertisement or anything because it is so exciting to be able to understand what it says, or at least to try to figure out what it's about.
I can't believe that nothing here got old; I still find the transliterations from Russian to English hilarious, I still find the Russians trying to speak English absolutely fascinating (how they directly translate and use the Russian constructions of sentences)/freakin hilarious when they say adorable strange versions of what they are trying to say, I still read all the signs and advertisements and just anything Cyrillic I see. Ah I'm just not ready to leave yet; I still feel like I just got here, and aside from knowing my way around a lot better, still act like it! Although when I get back, I will be very glad to have free water at restaurants again, toilet paper provided in the bathrooms, and legit salad. I also miss Mac and Cheese and mexican food, but I have found things that get me by to the point where I haven't died yet haha.
Well, I guess I need to stop being so sentimental randomly (thanks Nina) and do my freakin hw. I originally got on because I was starting to plan my post-Russia plans of traveling. I am going to book a hostel in London tomorrow for I think 3 days, and then I'm going to visit Kelly's friend in Ireland for a few days before hitting up Germany! From there I don't know, but at least I have some plan started haha.
Well, Пока! до завтра!! (or whenever, yeah right tomorrow)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

im jealous take me and be my tour guide. i think its a cool experience youll never forget and made maybe lifetime friends?!
ReplyDeleteHow deep! And the meaning of life is...
ReplyDeleteI know it'll be sad to end this part of your journey but I can tell you've gained so much. Enjoy every moment!