10/01
Welcome to October!!
So a lot has happened since I've last updated. i am feeling better, but i believe i've passed my sickness on to some people, everyone is coughing and stuff now. So even though I felt sick, I did in fact go out to 2 night clubs last Saturday and wow. My Saturday night is probably close to unbelievable. But actually first I forgot the Honey fair and Tsaristyno was during the day.
So we went the giant Tsaristyno estate which was rebuilt a few times because Catherine the Great couldn't make up her mind about it, but it was HUGE and ridiculously beautiful. Their were little islands on lakes and a giant 'singing' fountain and ducks and stuff everywhere and giant fields of grass and flowers and bridges, we took a ton of pictures. And we saw at least 10 bridal parties walking around taking pictures. I wouldn't mind getting married there, it's freakin pretty, really. So then we went to this really sweet (sorry) honey fair and Nina gave me a list of honeycombs to give for her, that was interesting trying to find, and we tried a ton of honey which i normally don't like, and i found some REALLY good kinds! There were a ton of tents with at least 10 kinds at every tent. It was pretty fun! Then I ate a little pastry thing with cheese in it from the bakery in the metro (the metros have tons of little stores inside them, it's kinda weird. like a secret underground little thing of shops) and it was freakin amazing and really cheap. I can't remember what we did after that, so it must not have been REALLY important.
So Saturday night:
Basically the short version involves a ton of walking in high heels which led to some serious sore feet, going to Propaganda night club and only staying there for a little bit, taking a taxi to Fabrique night club and realizing I may have had a bit too much to drink, some crazy dancing, sleeping in the bathroom for a good hour with Kelly occasionally checking on me, me losing my coat number thing (for the coat check) walking with Brandon for a good literally 45 minutes to the atm across a bridge, and then realizing once I got back that my money was gone... But luckily Kelly had somehow managed to meet the owner of the club who got me my coat and took us all in his Escalade to a very fancy Japanese restaurant for breakfast. He paid for it, and I was falling asleep on the table so he let me sleep in his car. He wanted to practice his English so he wouldn't shut up talking about his wife and the women he cheats on her with, and that when we get married we will get cheated on, and talking about how he lost his virginity in America in a tent. It was ridiculous and I just wanted to go but he wouldn't stop talking. So he finally dropped us off at the metro and we went to the dorm and had a good sleep!!! Ridiculous night, seriously!
Then on... Tuesday? We went to this Folk dance, which isn't what it sounds like. Or what i thought it sounded like. It was really awesome actually. The first half of it was like Latin dancing kind of stuff, I don't know names but I got some videos I think. They had the stage laid out like a cafe or something with waiters doing a little dance between the dance. They were pretty funny. Then the second half was more traditional I guess Russian dancing? It was amazing though. Those people had serious skills. There was a part from that song night on bald mountain? i think. from fantasia!! it was really cool they were like devil people with that song playing. it was intense! and then after that we found this really cheap and good italian restaurant that had awesome pizza, it was nice to have :D
Then on... Wednesday? There is a film club and we watch these ridiculous russian comedies. The first one was White desert sun and the second one this week was diamond arm. it was reeeally weird! but kinda funny. Apparently Nina's favorite movie is that white desert sun one! But after that I signed up to go to this Russian high school and talk to 10th graders, it was really cool! They followed us around like we were movie stars and took a billion pictures, and then they brought us into a room and had blini and tea set out, and we sat in between the Russians and talked and played history games. it was SOOO fun trying to talk to them, because they didn't know a lot of english and you would have to revert back to russian sometimes, and it was just like a merging of languages conversation. I don't know what that says about me, but I thought it was REALLY cool. Like if she didn't understand me I would say it in russian, so then it was cool that i could communicate at all! ANd if she didn't know in English i'd tell her to say it in Russian. It was awesome.
Then yesterday I went to this outdoor market thing that is also like a flea market called the Rinok, it's really intense and busy, and i just bought these FREAKIN AMAZING candy called sirok which is like chocolate with cream cheese in the middle. SOO good! Then I went to this little book store place and bought two notebooks to organize my slobby notes, and our teacher is always like 'where is your special place for verbs!?', so i was very excited to tell her i bought it. it's really funny too i'll take a picture of it for you guys, i freakin love the english things they have here. They are sooo funny, it's just like buy this, it's in english. don't worry that it doesn't make sense.
But alright, that is PLENTY long enough. Look at my pictures!! I need to get some homework done!!
one of the albums I FINALLY made!!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=158835&id=538760148&l=00cd28731f
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i love your update russia sounds like a blast. im totally jealous
ReplyDelete